PORTICO's Plan to Protect
Children and youth are a precious gift from God. They are not only the church of the future; they are a valued part of the church today. Jesus reminds us that in order to enter into the kingdom of heaven we must have the faith of a little child.
Since children are precious to us and to God and are at the same time, vulnerable to abuse, it becomes our mandate to proactively protect them and to provide a safe environment in which the intimate relationship between God and child/youth can grow and remain unhindered by abuse.
We must also protect those who serve our children and youth. Our ministry personnel need the gift of knowing that they are working in a setting where the possibility of an accusation is minimal.
The Plan to Protect policy establishes the criteria for the provision of a safe environment for children, youth and ministry personnel.
Plan to Protect Screening
Everyone that serves in our Kids@PORTICO, Students@PORTICO ministries or in other select ministry positions are required to complete their Plan to Protect screening.
Complete & submit your Ministry Personnel Application. Choose the application that applies to you:
Complete your Plan to Protect online training. Upon opening the link below, you will be directed to PORTICO's Plan to Protect online training hosted on ClassMarker. You will then:
- Provide your email address and create your personal password.
- Enter the access password. If you require the access password, request password below.
- Be prompted to open the Plan to Protect Policy manual (it will open as a PDF file).
- Be prompted to open or close one of four smaller information sections as you progress through the training.
- Print a certificate at the end of the training (optional).
Take your online training here.
Stop by the Info Centre on Sunday morning to pick up your Criminal Record Check (CRC) form. A CRC is required for all ministry personnel age 16 and older.
Email a photo for your name tag to email@example.com.