Why is membership so important?
- It is Biblical (Deuteronomy 6:5-6).
- It confirms your commitment to the local church.
- It assures a local church's leadership that you are committed to the mission, vision and values of the church and that you are willing to serve and assist in the fulfilling of them.
- It is essential for involvement in the leadership/ministries of the church.
- It is beneficial to the member.
- It provides protection for the community of faith.
We find that it is best if someone has been attending the church for at least six months before taking steps to become an official member. That way, you are feeling comfortable within our church family, and are better prepared to commit to our church community.
Here is some information to assist you with the membership process.
According to PORTICO by-laws, the following must be completed in order to become and official member:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have been baptized in water (full immersion).
- Attend a membership class.
- Complete and sign a Membership Application and a Membership Covenant Form (distributed during the class).
Once the above items are completed and documents have been sent in to the church office, your application and covenant are sent to the elder board for approval and acceptance into membership.
We conduct three to four membership classes each year, so please watch the church bulletin for details to sign up for the next class.
Thank you for being a part of our PORTICO family. We pray that the Lord will continue to bless you.
For more information, please email Cindy at firstname.lastname@example.org.